Welcome to Hunting Hills Kennel LLC home page on the Internet. We will introduce our Small (Kleine) Munsterlander breed to you. The SM (KlM) is a long haired versatile hunting dog that uses both air scent for pointing and ground scent for tracking. They will hunt fur and feather for the hunter on foot. The Small Munsterlander's elegance, intelligence, desire and devotion make them a wonderful hunting partner and home companion.
Kris and Jeff Hill are breeders of the Small (Kleine) Munsterlander - a wonderful, versatile hunting dog. Hunting Hills Kennel was established in 1995 with the purchase of Darby vom Kreiger (OFA excellent, NA Prize II & UT Prize I). We have trained, tested and bred Small Munsterlanders born in the US and imported from Germany and Denmark for 23 years. Our goal is to breed healthy stable Small Munsterlanders that will mature into effective versatile hunting partners and family companions.
Hunting Hills' Kennel Small Munsterlanders
Our Hunting Hills Small Munsterlanders used for breeding have met or surpassed the minimum breeding requirements of the Small Munsterlander Club of North America (SMCNA). The SMCNA is the original Small (Kleine) Munsterlander Club in North America and the Club's mission is to promote responsible ownership of the Small Munsterlander, encourages training, testing, and hunting. Additionally, the Club recognizes the Small Munsterlander to be a versatile hunting dog, accepts the Standard of the breed as set forth by the German Verband for Kleine Munsterlander and adopted by the FCI (Federation Cynologique Internationale) as the only standard of conformation by which the Small Munsterlander shall be judged, and encourages testing, training and breeding that conforms to accepted standards. Hunting Hills Kennel puppies will only be sold to SMCNA members.
We thank all of the owners of Hunting Hills' puppies for exposing their puppies to hunting situations and running their SM in the NAVHDA Natural Ability test.
At Hunting Hills Kennel, we breed Small Munsterlander puppies and have started SMs from time to time. Kris Hill will assist SM owners with the training and handling of their puppies and dogs, train and handle our SMs in NAVHDAand HRC tests and will train and handle other dogs in these tests for their owners.
Kris uses her Hunting Hills' Small Munsterlanders for guidingat Oak Creek Hunting Preserve in Brainard, NE. The Hill family enjoys huntingwith our personal dogs and would like to share some of the pictures we have taken over the years. Click HEREto see some hunting pictures.
I would like to thank all of the people who have assisted me with my training, my testing, and our time together hunting. Your help has been appreciated and the time spent together is treasured. Click HEREto see some pictures of our days training our wonderful Small Munsterlanders and other versatile hunting dogs through out the years.
What Our Hunting Hills' Kennel Small Munsterlander Owners are saying:
* We love our Small Muensterlander Pointer Macy (Yasmin) from the Y litter born March 13th 2014. She is a great hunter and a wonderful house pet. She was also very easy to house train. Thanks Kris! by Cindy (Facebook)
* Literally couldn't imagine a better dog than our Scout. Wonderful breed and breeder! by Adam (Facebook)
* We love our "Jake" from Hunting Hills. He is eight and a wonderful companion. by Paula (Facebook)
* Although Barron, from B litter is only 10 weeks old, he is a great pup. This handsome healthy boy already has a drive and willingness to work. Kris was a pleasure to work with and feel that her placement upon her feelings was perfect. Shipped the perfect dog unseen and could not be more pleased. by Matt (Facebook)
* Kris is SO helpful and really great to work with- shipped our boy Hatch all the way to MT and we couldn't be happier with him! by Shelby (Facebook)
* In July of 2008 we bought Hunting Hills Jesse (Indy) from Mrs Hill. Besides getting a wonderful puppy that turned into a outstanding family/hunting dog. We got support and advise that was very useful to us when Indy was a pup all the way though till he NA tested. He passed, 107 Prize II. Hunting Hills will be my 1st and only call for my families future companions. Thanks Kris by Matt (Gun Dog Breeder)
What Our Clients Are Saying
Love the dogs coming out of this project. They are the best out there and Kris and her husband are very helpful through everything and are always available for questions. My pup Bear is such a handsome little man and has some of the best instincts. He was pointing birds off scent at 8 weeks. Highly recommend Kris.